Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Five Tips on Tuesday - Pictures


Today I wanted to reveal my secret about pictures. Before you run away you don't have to have a fancy super awesome camera for this.  In fact I take all of my pictures on my cell phone.  Yes you read that right - my android cell phone is where all the picture taking action goes down.  While I wish I did have a fancy super awesome camera, I don't so I learned how to use my phone camera the best I could.  I'm going to share a few tips with yall today!

For up close pictures use the manual button.  Auto just doesn't always cut it and you can't take a picture like the one below on your phone on auto - at least you can't on my phone.

Angle it up. If one angle isn't working for you try another one.  You'll be surprised at what that slight move will do for your picture.

Snap it near a window.  Natural lighting is the best lighting.  If you can't go outside or don't want to - take your pictures near a window.  Let that natural light stream through.








Point and shoot from far away using the sun. Line up your camera with the person or object farthest from you. Get your camera as close to the closest person or object that you can. Then start raising your camera higher and angling it down until the sun catches just right, then click!


I used no special effects to get the water droplets. That was all point and shoot from a distance.

Point and shoot from closeup using the sun. For a close up. Focus on the object or person farthest from you {which shouldn't be to far} Get eye level with whatever or whoever you are taking a picture of and click. Angle your camera just slightly until you can tell the sun is having an affect on the picture and then click! This is what you get.


Again no special effects done to this. This was simply point and shoot.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I definitely love the angled up one!

    I just found your blog and am now following along! I'd love it if you'd check out mine if you have time :)
    -Paige
    http://elopingstethoscope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete